Monday, March 5, 2018

Out of Sorts Healthwise

I had my Novasure ablation a couple weeks ago and while recovery seemed to be swift, it jumpstarted my period two weeks early and it hasn't stopped. Things are weird, is the best way I can describe it. If this is my period it's nothing like I've ever had before, which is nice, but it also hasn't stopped, which is less nice. I've also had bad cramps to go along with it.

On Friday, while at work, what felt like a combination of constipation and uterine cramping pretty much brought me to my knees. I was sweating from the pain. I'd rate it equal to my gall bladder attacks and more severe than pitocin contractions in labor, only because I at least got a couple seconds to breath pain free between contractions. On friday it was just an unending torrent. After vomiting and promptly googling my symptoms, I shot a text to my husband to come take me to the ER. Michigan has horrid potholes right now. The drive to the hospital was basically torture. Every jolt made things worse.

We spent the afternoon there and I got an ultrasound and CT scan to be told "UTI".  I also got morphine, which was nice, if surprising.

Well damn. That was awful. I've never had a UTI before that I know of and this was not what I would have expected.

I recovered through the weekend, barely eating Saturday because my belly was still tender. My poop habits were also weird, so I do wonder if it wasn't a touch of constipation as well, yet today, after having a day of normal goings (Sunday) I get to work and I was hit by the pain again, just not as bad. I took a ton of ibuprofen and it faded off again.

I still feel bloated and my metformin hasn't caused me to have my normal bathroom habits. I didn't dare get coffee because I was in too much pain when I would normally get coffee.

Things that concern me:

This period thing started the day after I did a long ride on Gwyn. I was told no sex but figured I'd be fine for riding. I wonder if I over did it? I have a followup this wednesday with my doctor to pursue this.

The period is on day 8. It started last monday and while it hasn't changed it also hasn't stopped.

It's WAY stinkier than I am normally. It makes me think complications yet the ultrasound showed normal stuff for after this surgery.


Either way, I'm glad that I'll be having my followup in a few days. I'd like to figure out what my normal is, or my new normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment