Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Neck Strap DIY

So, neckstrap DIY time. I roached Gwyn's mane and needed something to hang onto in moments of super fast acceleration. This was my solution.  Material: Nylon webbing and a buckle.
I chose bright lime green because I'm in the Green Bean Endurance group and I wanted some way to identify myself. Once Gwyn's mane is longer I'll just braid in green ribbon. 
First, secure the strap on the non adjustable side. Some buckles are adjustable on both sides. I opted for one side fixed.



Square and cross with a straight stitch.

Add pyrotechnics to seal the edge of the nylon so it won't fray.

Thread the adjustable side and seal the edge again with fire/heat.

Test it.

Approval! With extra length just in case.




Bonus: I made two more belts! These are for sale and will fit a larger waist size rider.  There is a black with gold geometric ribbon and a navy with teal ribbon.


It was sunny and warm today so I removed Gwyn's blanket.

We had kisses and cuddle time

*SMOOSH*

"I nom your phone, Mom"

Then I got itches in return for scratching her.


No comments:

Post a Comment