Sunday, March 8, 2015

In Michigan

I'm feeling a lot more level headed now that I'm with Eric. I'm housebound, since I'm still waiting on my car to arrive, but that should be in the next day or so. Then I'll be applying for a position at the state park down the road to work in the Stewardship department. I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm also going to be contacting a daycare for Kaylee to attend. I hope they have openings, that would simplify me applying for this job.

Our belongings arrived this morning. The same team that packed up our house unloaded everything. We are spread between the front garage, attached garage and space in the house. Stuff that I will need next month is easily accessible, and all the irreplaceable items (viola, violin, saddle) are accounted for and safe. The one thing that didn't survive seems to be the router, but we bought a new one today and it works beautifully.

Kaylee is adjusting well, though she had a bout of stomach virus that left me frantically doing laundry. The time change (both distance and spring forward) hasn't really imposed on us at all, so that's nice.

It was frigid the first couple of days and by yesterday, warmed up to the 40s F. The St. Clair River in the backyard was completely frozen over and now, today, it's free flowing again. Spring is clawing its way into Michigan. It makes me happy. The sun makes me happy too.

But people are still crazy and are driving out onto the ice of the lakes. I really hope someone is monitoring the thickness because the moment I start to see slush, I really don't think it's safe anymore.


Going somewhat backwards in time
Playing in the snow despite the cold
Worn out sick, asleep in Dad's lap
Cars on the lake ice

Happy to rediscover her trampoline (and the piano!)

Saying goodbye to the Cascades

Alaska provided a coloring book and crayons!

Sunrise over the Cascades as we drove to the airport early wednesday morning

No comments:

Post a Comment